OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Fundraiser Coordinator Intern position is responsible for helping to raise funds for children educational programs. Position includes creating, managing, and tracking successful fundraising campaigns and initiatives. Position allows for great creativity and flexibility in developing successful campaigns and events.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Develop new and imaginative fundraising activities.
- Research and contact potential funders.
- Make initial contacts and follow-through of securing available funding along with the coordination of all optional funding opportunities.
- Raise awareness of organization.
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising.
- Working with all forms of media- producing supporting materials such as posters, websites and newsletters to promote, market and advertise forthcoming events.
- Develop and implement a strategy for individual and corporate donations.
- Oversee corporate fundraising.
- Manage and update databases to record donor contact and preference information.
We are looking for candidates who meet or are willing to learn the following criteria:
- Ability to independently initiate projects and activities.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Good client interactions skills.
- Knowledge of developing a fundraising plan.
- Dedication, motivation, drive, ambition, and commitment to the job at hand.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as negotiation skills.
- Attentive to details.
- Knowledge of using social media to fundraise- Facebook, Twitter, newsletters, etc.
- Familiarity with fundraising websites.
- Knowledge of computers and Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Good leadership skills with the potential for further development.
- Understanding of budget control, expenses, and allocations.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Must have the skills and potential to excel in this internship.
- Computer proficient, especially in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude.
- Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and customer service skills.